To meet the needs of a fast growing startup company, this position requires the ability to work, adapt and evolve in a fast-paced environment, often working under tight deadlines, and changing requirements. Dedication, flexibility, quick thinking, good decision making, and a high sense of urgency are critical traits for this role.
Description of duties
- Design and implement software to test SDK that has been written mainly in C++.
- Design and implement software to test applications (or services) that have been written mainly in Node.js
- Analyze and convert requirements into user stories and test scenarios.
- Write code to automate testing of new functionalities and services using existing architecture, test framework and continuous delivery pipeline.
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to define and agree on test scope, strategy and production simulation.
- Design and develop test for availability, reliability, performance, security, etc.
- Promote and drive sound engineering practices and software quality.
- Provide troubleshooting for build errors or issues reported by SDK customers.
- Work with testing tools, build/release automation and Continuous Delivery.
- 5+ years of progressive, professional experience working as test engineer.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited university.
- Passionate about software testing with the key ability to think critically to identify software breaking issues.
- Experience with UI automated testing framework and tools.
- Tested and released at least one Web and/or PC and/or app with cloud services interactions product to market.
- Proven ownership of test projects, designing test approaches, documenting and regressing bugs, and executing test passes.
- Willingness to work a team and can work in a fluid, highly collaborative environment.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Self-directed and require minimal supervision.
- High attention to detail
- Experience with C++ and Java language and related tooling (e.g. compilers, cross platform, etc).
- Experience writing tests and automation for Windows, Linux and Mac.
- Knowledge and experience designing tests, defining test scope and identifying functional and none functional testing (e.g. performance, availability, stability, security, environment, etc).
- Experience with RESTful API and web services is strongly desired.
- Experience with Bamboo and/or Jenkins Continuous Integration.
- Experience with JIRA or similar issue tracking software.
- Experience with Confluence
- Experience with Fabric, TestRail or similar test case tracking software.
- Agile team experience.
- Time-estimation skills for setting management expectations are strongly desired
- Strongly desired that candidate can demonstrate a passion for software Quality Assurance and testing automation with real-world project citations
- Experience with Amazon AWS platform a plus
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please upload your resume and cover letter below. Thank you!
Please note, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates’ information will be kept confidential, and will only be shared with mimik’s hiring team.