At mimik we create a new personalized digital experience allowing consumers to easily access, consume and share all their content and services across all their devices anywhere. The mimik solution provides new personalized multi-screen and cross platform services that create a tailor-made experience for the consumer and additional revenues for service providers. Our micro-cloud architecture allows us to port our functions onto low cost home gateway platforms, mobile devices such as smart-phones and tablets or cloud infrastructure, providing flexibility between capex and opex spend for telco operators or OTT service providers. It does not require costly infrastructure build-out and provides a scalable platform that delivers the best possible user experience given network conditions and congestion patterns at any point in time. This position requires the ability to work, adapt and evolve in a fast-paced environment, often working under tight deadlines, and changing requirements, dedication, flexibility, quick thinking, good decision making, and a high sense of urgency are critical traits for this role.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in related field.
- 7+ years of overall development experience and industry standards.
- Solid understanding and experience implementing software design patterns.
- Experience with Agile/scrum development processes and methodologies.
- Experience working with REST, web services and microservices.
- Experience programming and debugging with NodeJS, ECMA 6, NoSQL and SQL databases.
- Experience using automated deployment tools such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet for provisioning AWS products and services.
- You need to embrace DevOps and understand the concept of environment as code .
- Clear hands on understanding of messaging architectures appropriate to a variety of distributed computing scenarios.
- Creating automated test suites and ensuring quality in your code.
- Must demonstrate flexibility for work hours to meet important customer deliverables and project deadlines.
- Good collaboration skills and be able to communicate clearly and efficiently particularly around idea development and code reviews.Front end: CSS, SCSS, HTML, Bootstrap, Responsive Design, jQuery, Promises, d3/nvd3, Lodash/Underscore, ExpressJS/MySQL.We pay special attention to open source contributors on GitHub and NPM.
- Back end: Promises, Swagger, AWS Products (EC2, S3, RDS, SQS, API Gateway, DynamoDB, Autoscaling Group), MongoDB, Express
- Additional Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment, along with Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket, Slack, and Git.
- Strong writing and technical communication skills.
- Heroic get-it-done attitude; collaborates well with team members and can take ownership.
- Reliable and have a positive attitude.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle working on multiple projects or tasks and keep them all under control.
- A desire to learn.
- Passionate about technology and using it to help solve business issues.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please upload your resume and cover letter below. Thank you!
Please note, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates’ information will be kept confidential, and will only be shared with mimik’s hiring team.