To meet the needs of a fast growing startup company, this position requires the ability to work, adapt and evolve in a fast-paced environment, often working under tight deadlines, and changing requirements. Dedication, flexibility, quick thinking, good decision making, and a high sense of urgency are critical traits for this role.
The Project Manager is responsible for providing project management to the entire engineering team. The Project Manager participates in all projects collaborating with cross functional groups: software development, UX and design, QA, Product Management, etc. The Project Manager will manage multiple projects.
The successful candidate will help translate business requirements into technology requirements for the internal team or inclusion in contracts and/or statements of work (SOW) for externals contractors, and will overlook the entire lifecycle of the project from inception to delivery.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
The position will consist of the following main duties:
- Coordinate internal and third party resources across projects
- Accountable for timely delivery of projects, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, considering requirements and technical feasibility
- Resource planning and allocation
- Developing detailed project plans to track progress
- Using verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Project management of multiple complex projects
- Plans with the project leader and team the QA strategy and cross functional activities
- Collaborates with the team to resolve issues and organizes team to execute on corrective actions
- Ensures project work complies with established practices, policies, and processes
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Minimum 7 years of experience leading projects for a software / SaaS company
- Solid project management and leadership skills and experience in delivering projects on time, within budget, and with high customer satisfaction
- Experience managing within the PMI methods and applying standard methodologies to achieve project results; PMI’s PMP certification preferred
- Expertise and proven ability in risk management and mitigation
- Excellent organizational skills, capable of setting priorities and managing high workload
- Strong communication skills written and verbal including oral presentation skills and class room training techniques
- Ability to interact with multiple layers of the organization with demonstrated success initiating change and influencing at all levels
- Working knowledge and skill with Jira, Microsoft Project, Confluence, or similar project management and tracking tools
- Self-starter that requires little guidance and works in a complete white space/ high adrenaline startup environment
- Demonstrated results and customer focus; analytical and proactive problem solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership presence, ability to multitask, effectively communicate & influence business/technical audience
- Excellent team player that is also highly self-motivated, detailed-oriented, and enjoys learning new things
- Possess a strong “Get Work Done” attitude – the ability to work and stay focused until a job is done regardless of time, day, and location are essential
- Knowledge of cloud technologies and computer networking is a plus
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please upload your resume and cover letter below. Thank you!
Please note, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates’ information will be kept confidential, and will only be shared with mimik’s hiring team.