Using the edgeEngine, you can add server capability to any device with basic computing capability such as smartphones, PCs, set-top-boxes, residential and IoT gateways, game consoles connected TVs, car infotainment systems, industrial sensors and many more.
edgeEngine Supports Multiple Operating Systems
edgeEngine helps you change the definition of “Cloud”
edgeEngine allows you to host microservices on practically any computing device to work seamlessly with your backend on the private or public cloud. The Engine is available for many operating systems, has a very small storage and memory footprint. All devices with mimik edgeEngine can discover each other regardless of the operating system, network, or location and can communicate at a microservices level.
edgeEngine will help you create experiences that are not feasible with the central cloud; with minimal development effort and low hosting costs. The data remains on edge devices unless you want to send it to the central cloud or other edge devices. edgeEngine provides enterprises and developers with unprecedented control over their applications and the data they contain.
- Deploy microservices on edge devices and manage them remotely.
- API Gateway is included within edgeEngine .
- Discover and connect to microservices on other devices with edgeEngine.
- edgeEngine applications control where microservices run.
- Many existing microservices available to developers.
Expose the computing capabilities of edge devices through mimik’s lightweight container.
- Runtime environment for microservices.
- Easy integration into existing apps through RESTful APIs.
- Load, start, and stop microservice instances.
- Container environment available for Android, iOS and Raspian as well as desktop operating systems.
- APIs compatible with Docker
- Global discovery of other devices with edgeEngine.
- Peer-to-peer networking without the hassle of network drivers or protocol programming
- mimik’s platform provides secure communication between microservices locally or globally.
- Connect with other edgeEngine enabled devices in a local cluster or across different clusters of nodes independent of network topology.