- Discover other nodes that have mimik edgeSDK (based on network, account and/or proximity)
- Connect nodes within and across different clusters of nodes grouped by scope
- Communicate amongst nodes within and across clusters either directly or through a proxy.
- Discover microservices available on other nodes that have edgeSDK
- Connect among microservices running on nodes, independent of network topology.
- Communicate among microservices. edgeSDK provides the base environment, web services and libraries to host and communicate.
- Easy integration into existing apps through RESTful APIs and native library functions that facilitate control
- Node and service discovery: auto-discovery and auto-routing for nodes within local or across different network(s)
- Microservice management: load/start/stop microservice instances
- Edge web server: runtime environment for microservices
- Enables developers to build their solution in a microservice model without concern for networking
- Automatic device discovery with no need for extra signaling or control
- Advanced peer-to-peer networking without the hassle of low-level network setup or programming
- Ability to create a cluster of edge devices via local WiFi without internet
- Ability to communicate with devices on different network clusters through LTE or WAN
- Memory and CPU-efficient runtime environment for microservices
- Distributed microservice management tools for deploying, running, and orchestrating microservices
- Microservice for node-to-node file sharing and beaming (casting) of content from within any app
- Microservice for hardware-accelerated, real-time dynamic edge-node or cloud-based transcoding
- SDK is available for various operating systems and hardware platforms
- All interactions through peer-to-peer RESTful API calls, employing JSON for data exchange
mimik microservices (more to come):
- mimik drive microservice: abstracts access to storage available on edge nodes and provides distributed file management via a popular API.
- mimik beam microservice: beams content from a node to node(s) and/or to service(s), peer-to-peer, one-to-one or one-to-many
- mimik transcoding microservice: hardware-accelerated real-time dynamic transcoding of video streams on edge nodes.
- Android 4.4.2 and above (GMS or AOSP)
- iOS version 9.0 and above
- Linux kernel 3.0 and above
- Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) and above
- 2 cores ARM CPU or more or equivalent on CISC or MIPS processors
- GPU transcoding capabilities (if transcoding microservice used)
- Network-WiFi or Ethernet adapter (IEEE 802.11) 2.4 GHz or higher
- Memory: 500KB available