Job ID: ENG04101706
As a Senior Android developer, you will be working alongside our larger development team to improve our Android applications. You should have a track record of delivering significant Android-based solutions, experience developing Java applications of advanced complexity in (data structures, networking, architecture) and a passion for writing elegant, maintainable, and clean code.
- Permanent, Full-time
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in related field.
- 8+ years of overall development experience and industry standards.
- Solid understanding and experience implementing software design patterns.
- developing and maintaining software using Java. Building Android apps.
- Good understanding about the ins and outs of fragments, animation, threading, and the latest Android APIs.
- Creating automated test suites and ensuring quality in your code
- Experience with Agile/scrum development processes and methodologies.
- Solid understanding of techniques to achieve high quality user experience.
- Collaborating with designers, product managers, and your development team to deliver compelling user-facing products and services
- Good system level debugging skills.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Must demonstrate flexibility for work hours to meet important customer deliverables and project deadlines
- Experience in building high quality software with extensive experience in code testing.
- Expert level experience Java.
- Strong experience with mobile relational data stores.
- Understanding of Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Experience developing and consuming RESTful APIs, JSON, and push notifications.
Additional Skills and Experience:
- Experience in Reactive Programming.
- Experience or solid understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment, along with Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket, Slack, and Git.
- Strong writing and technical communication skills.
- Knowledge of Linux, NodeJS, other web technologies, and UI/UX standards are a plus.
- Heroic get-it-done attitude; collaborates well with team members and can take ownership.
- Experience leading the performance tuning strategy of consumer applications.
- Understand what it means to be a consultant.
- Reliable and have a positive attitude.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle working on multiple projects or task and keep them all under control.
- Agile savvy.
- A desire to learn.
- Passionate about technology and using it to help solve business issues
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please upload your resume and cover letter below. Thank you!
Please note, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates’ information will be kept confidential, and will only be shared with mimik’s hiring team.