About the job
Job ID: ENG04101715
Regional Field Applications Engineer (FAE)/(Sr. FAE) – United Kingdom
mimik has pioneered Hybrid Edge Cloud computing to enable any computing device to act as a cloud server to help application developers unlock the next generation of apps for the hyper-connected world. Developers can accelerate product development by utilizing the mimik platform. We just came out of product development mode and are scaling up our business team. Join our team and make the Edge Cloud history.
This position can be located anywhere within the United Kingdom. We’re looking for a Systems Development Engineer to be our regional technical guru across mimik’s platform. This will include identifying and resolving pre and post-sales-related activities that help land targeted customers and then help them technically to implement mimik’s solution into their system within EMEA. You will become intimately familiar with our system’s architecture and be responsible for diving deep into code developing solutions for our customers and services. Additionally, you’ll drive the prioritization of technical issues in your assigned territory.
We are building solutions with increasing needs to scale, driving explosive growth within mimik. If this sounds like the right challenge for you, then please apply today!
Where You Make an Impact
- Pre & Post Sales Technical Superstar: Deliver technical expertise, demos, technical support, and design wins for critical customers to adopt mimik’s products.
- Work with customers to promote the best mimic Edge Cloud system configuration for the specific target applications.
- Solve customers’ technical challenges and issues.
- Work with and support factory engineers, marketing, and other groups to develop Edge solutions that meet customer performance and security requirements.
- Work with, provide engineering support, and drive internal marketing and development teams to determine the feasibility of specific new products or features and ensuring customer requirements are met.
- Identify, build, and communicate the needed customer-focused collateral (e.g., API programming guides, datasheets, etc.).
- Work with customers and mimic engineering teams to handle quality issues and software bugs.
- Provide internal strategic direction for customer systems applications and quality-related objectives through collaboration with engineering teams.
- Actively support RSMs to pursue net-new business opportunities with aggressive prospecting into existing engagements and new business prospects, ensuring geography-based sales objectives are being met.
- Manage all technical aspects of RFI, RFQ, and RFP processes.
- Collaborate as appropriate with the Ecosystem, Channel, & Alliance Partners Business Development Manager to expand the reach of our products and services.
- Manage technical reviews and customer satisfaction activities.
- Represent both the technical voice of the customer to mimik and the technical voice of mimik to the customer as required to resolve technical issues.
- Act as a central point of escalation for customer technical issues and drive resolution.
- Represent mimic in regional tradeshows and forums.
Who You Are
- Hard-working, self-driven, and highly motivated engineer with mastery of cloud concepts
- Creative and positive team player who enjoys taking ownership of outcomes
- Strong knowledge of Edge and Cloud technologies
- Strong technical communication skills: verbal, written, and presentation
- Able to debug customer bugs at their facility or remotely
- Proactively creates technical solutions for customer demos or solving customer issues
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Team oriented.
- Exceptional organization skills and time management techniques.
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-up.
- Individual must exhibit a positive, “can-do” attitude.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- A very high degree of honesty, integrity, and sound judgment.
- Maintains excellent reputation and relationships with key customers in assigned Region
- Minimum ten years of related experience with a CS/EE Bachelor’s degree; or 8+ years with a CS/EE Master’s degree; or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in programming with at least one modern language.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in SysOps or DevOps in a large-scale software development environment for new and current systems.
- Proven ability to develop and write solutions white papers, deployment guides
- Performance characterization experience with private and public cloud infrastructure is a plus
- Experience with the cloud to edge solutions, including Kubernetes and containers
- Ability to travel for up to 30% of the time.
If this is you, send us your resume.
mimik embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
At mimik, we extend cloud server capability to all computing devices, consumer, and enterprise applications. By doing so, we democratize the cloud and the internet so everyone can participate and benefit equally and make it more efficient to minimize the use of energy and other resources to help save our planet.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please upload your resume and cover letter below. Thank you!
Please note, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates’ information will be kept confidential, and will only be shared with mimik’s hiring team.