About the job
Full Stack Developer (edge & Iot) – Vancouver, BC
mimik and the role summary
Imagine if you had joined Google as employee number 50. mimik will do for the Hybrid Edge-Cloud market, what Google did for the search engine market, or Uber for the rideshare economy. We have pioneered hybrid Edge-Cloud computing to enable any device on edge to act as a micro-cloud server. With mimik’s platform, the Apps business logic can run on the actual devices on edge, with a balanced approach to what should run on the central cloud and what should run on the edge. mimik is the only company globally with a patented edge-in approach that ensures less than sub 5ms of latencies and opens trillions of dollars in new market applications.
Furthermore, mimik’s platform can run without internet connectivity, guarantees 100% privacy, improves security, drastically reduces cost, and minimizes the use of energy and other resources to help save our planet. We just came out of product development mode and are scaling up our business teams. Join our team and make the Edge-Cloud history.
We are looking for Full Stack Developer to add to our Software Development team.
This position can be located anywhere in North America or Canada America (ideally Vancouver, Austin, or the Bay Area). The ideal candidate enjoys a small team environment with more significant responsibilities and is ready to take over our lead generation engine and contribute to our sales campaigns in a meaningful way. This person also understands cloud-native technologies and mimik’s value proposition effectively connects with the target customers and delivers quality leads to the business.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- In this capacity, the Full Stack Developer is familiar with the formulas and systems for gathering and collecting data. From IoT to the representation of data through maps and schemes. From connecting sensors and micro-controllers, to implementing IoT Service platforms, the IoT Full Stack Developer transforms ordinary into extraordinary by connecting objects to the internet without a human to human or human to machine interactions.
- Developing software for IoT devices
- Deploying software in field
- Managing of deployed systems
- Developing and modifying systems presenting data
- Building and operating API for publishing data
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in application development using open-source technologies, or recent graduates with multiple co-op terms in cloud-based application development.
- Experience with GitHub or equivalent.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical and analytical thinking skills to problem-solving.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- C/C++ programming in built-in devices
- Python programming
- Knowledge in IoT and server management systems (MQTT and other protocols)
- Development in API Rest
- WEB Development
- Experience building Node.js APIs
- Responsive web application design and development
- Strong database design skills with MySQL or equivalent
- Development and implementation of functional, regression and load test suites
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot customer issues and fix bugs in a timely fashion
If this is you, send us your resume.
mimik embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
At mimik, we extend cloud server capability to all computing devices, consumer, and enterprise applications. By doing so, we democratize the cloud and the internet so everyone can participate and benefit equally and make it more efficient to minimize the use of energy and other resources to help save our planet.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please upload your resume and cover letter below. Thank you!
Please note, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates’ information will be kept confidential, and will only be shared with mimik’s hiring team.